Yes, I have been exercising

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Find whatever it takes to push yourself.

I really have no idea how many people look at my blog or who uses it simply to check on me or maybe as motivation for themselves. If it ever encourages you along in your own training, great! It can be difficult at times to tie up the shoes or drive out to the gym or wake up early. There are plenty of demons that stare us down: laziness, the comfy couch, our boyfriends, a bad attitude. That's why it's so important to have strategies for dealing with the fight. I think we all agree that many times we don't feel like working out but, every time that we do, we're thrilled to have done it.

One thing I like is new stuff. I mean my get-a-grips are still exciting to me. Last night I ran my 3 miles around my neighborhood (at 730, so it was dark) and it seemed fun for me to strap those babies on. They give me some sort of mental edge, like "oooh, Alex, you're so tough". Heh heh. Again, whatever works. I think new workout apparel can be helpful as well. Who gets excited about going to the gym in the same pit-stained, holey t-shirt? BORING. How about new shorts? That might be more incentive. I can see the argument of why waste money for clothes that you just sweat in. You don't have to think of it in that way. Picture yourself in the gear that makes you feel strong, energized, attractive. I mean you are exercising for the health of your body---the only one you will ever have. Do whatever it takes to keep your one, unique, amazing body functioning at its peak. Treat yourself now and then.

Today my motivation is my new bathing suit. It comes in the mail today. This means when I am out hoofing my 5 mile run at the park, I can picture that bikini waiting for me. I'm not sure how I'll feel when I actually pull it on, but for 5 miles I can imagine that maybe, just this one time, it will be some dream bathing suit. Dreams are what keep us going and who is going to tell someone else how 'worthy' their dream is? Again, try and find whatever it takes for YOU to push yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your bikini dreams were enough motivation to give you a kick-ass workout! Just a few more days until you hit the road and journey to warmer, sunnier lands :)

-emily