Yes, I have been exercising

Monday, February 5, 2007

...and so it begins



Tomorrow officially marks the beginning of my running with Team In Training and I am psyched!

I've been keeping up with my running on my own and think I am up for the 4 mile run tomorrow. I think accomplishing the run will be easier than braving the weather and walking out my front door. Weather.com states that the approximate temp at 9am will be 9* F, but it will feel like -5 with the wind chill. I'm a bit nervous about that but I get to go shopping tonight (whee!!) and buy myself a new jacket. That's fun!

I'm starting to see what my friends meant when they talked about how good this group made them feel. It's an amazing feeling to be a part of something outside of our everyday, rather self-centered, lives. I am proud to be raising money for the cancer society. Too many lives have been lost.

I am so thankful everyday to have my sister Martinique with me. She was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and faced some obstacles but she made it. She is flourishing and healthy. I am lucky. We are all lucky. However, many others aren't so blessed. How many years do drugs go undiscovered or sit on shelves simply because there isn't the funding to push the research through? What a senseless waste.

If you are interested in viewing my page for team in training, click here.

Have a relaxing weekend, everyone!!

No comments: