Yes, I have been exercising

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Two early days of running

Well, let's be honest, I wasn't up that early! I think both days I started running about 8:15 am or so. That was an early enough start for me.

Tuesday was my 4-miler of the week and I ran on the treadmill at the gym. I think the gym is starting to annoy me. I mean really with all this forced outdoor running, I find that I am truly enjoying it. In the gym, I just have my eyes boring into the tm's console irritatingly seeing each tenth of a second pass or each tenth of a mile. It's excruciating. Plus, any room that's indoors these days is just sickeningly dry. My mouth feels like sand after about ten minutes in that cactus-growing environment. Needless to say, that 4 miles was a struggle. I just couldn't get my head to focus. It was mentally grueling. By the end, I think I had paused about 3 times before I was done. At least, I did it.

Today I decided to run outside. The weather is finally starting to perk up. However, the snow that melts in the afternoon is pure ice on the driveways and sidewalks during the morning frost. Thankfully I strapped on my get-a-grips which made maneuvering around much easier. I did my 3 miles in about a half hour without stopping. That's a refreshing start to the day!!

No comments: