Yes, I have been exercising

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Unlimited

For the last two weeks, I have been listening to Jillian Michaels' Unlimited book-on-CD in my car. Jillian reads the book, which is probably most of the reason that I enjoy listening to it! She talks about finding your true potential and living your best life, in regards to your profession, your health and other aspects.

The last section I heard was about setting goals. She discussed longer term and immediate goals and how you break things down into sections that you can deal with. Maybe you want to lose 100 pounds in a year, so that's 12 pounds a month, or 3 pounds a week. You break it down into manageable segments.

She talked about the power of getting organized, looking at your time table, and then writing stuff down. I know this isn't rocket science here but gosh, I used to always write goals down and record my workout stats in a little notebook. I keep saying I can't find time to exercise, but clearly I'm simply not prioritizing it!

Last night  before I went to bed I found an old notebook and wrote down a very short entry. I reminded myself how I like to work out regularly and consistently. I want my original size jeans to fit, because I don't have enough money to fluctuate in weight and buy varying wardrobes. I need to prioritize my exercise as much as I do for Quixote. I know if I take him for a walk that that's great for him and decent for me. However, a walk isn't the satisfying, vigorous workout that going to the gym or doing a DVD can be for me. The solution seems to me that I simply have to force myself out of bed early in the morning. That is the one time of day where I can't get derailed. Quixote can still get his evening walk. I can still do house stuff after work. I just have to hear that alarm and follow through.

I know it's possible. Duh. It totally is. How many 5:30 a.m. bootcamps did I go to last summer? Do I have to pay money and be accountable or get a new outfit or buy a $150 DVD box set to get my ass in motion? The answer is NO. I don't! I am the key to my success or failure. I can hold myself accountable.

So I'm telling the Internet that I will fit in SEVEN hour-long workouts by next Friday. I accomplished the first one today. Only six more to go. Thank you, Jillian!

No comments: