Yes, I have been exercising

Monday, June 20, 2011

Trying to find the right fit

Remember how a few days ago I was excited for the eight-week Body Challenge Groupon that I bought for $89? Well I asked for a refund and Groupon granted it. It is an amazing company. Whenever I have had an issue, I have received a response within one day and it always meets or exceeds my expectations. I am glad I wasn't hassled about this one because I feel that what it turned out to be wasn't exactly what was detailed when I bought it. This was my email to Groupon:

This is in regards to #90102-1000034-MM. I am writing to ask for a refund of this Groupon. I feel like there was a big difference between the information posted on the day it was available versus what it turned out to be. I simply thought I was purchasing a deal for a block of exercise classes.  Then I received an email from the company stating that participants had to attend a 2.5 hour orientation section, had to have our bodies measured, had to take before and after pictures in a sports bra, and had to be put on a team with strangers in the hopes of winning rewards, and had to listen to a bunch of nutrition advice. I'm a little frustrated because that is way more information than was ever specified on the Groupon.  I simply thought I could work out as much as I wanted. I didn't know there was a team element or that we had to take pictures or that we had to sit through a long registration process.   Because of the disparity in what was in the Groupon versus what I found out later, I feel let down. I simply didn't sign on for all of those extra requirements. It didn't seem like that was part of the initial deal. Plus none of that information was available on the company's website either. For these reasons, I would like my $89 refunded to me.  Gosh, usually I am not this picky! I love Groupon and I have participated in some great deals because of your service. I will continue to do so in the future. I just like it when there's a lot of information available to us before buying the deal, and this one lacked that.  You can contact me at my email address. Thanks in advance for your help.

Now I have $89 back in my account and a new opportunity to come up with a different plan. I am strongly considering buying the P90X DVDs. I have been thinking about it for a long time. I only know one person to use the program and that's our neighbor. This guy was admittedly overweight. He played tennis and went to the gym. Although, I don't think he was incredibly energetic in any of those pursuits. Jason and  I saw him in the winter when he was starting a weight loss kick. Then spring came and he was outside in sleeveless shirts. He looked so much fitter and more toned. His calves are amazing! Even Jason who's not so observant of these things told our neighbor that he looked great and he asked how he did it. He told us that he bought the P90X set and did the program six days a week.  He said it was one of the hardest things he did in his life and that he'll never do it again. However, he stuck with it and was proud of the results. He said he felt stronger and more active. I think the program is about 12 weeks long. You can choose to do it five or six days a week. Either way, it's an intense commitment. You also need to get resistance bands and a pull-up bar. I have been trolling Craigslist and if I find a good, legitimate deal, I'm gonna buy that.

I have been talking about lacking in consistency and I just can't get over this hump. I'll walk a lot. In fact last week I walked 22 miles! I'll do DVDs here and there. But for some reason, I can't stick to a regular routine.  I miss those 5:30 a.m. bootcamp classes from last summer. They held me accountable. That Groupon would have probably held me accountable but something didn't feel right. I know myself well enough to know that when I find the right fit, I'll stick with it. Maybe that will be P90X. We'll see!

Oooh, other bloggers are recording their progress! I have to read these stories!

No comments: