Yes, I have been exercising

Friday, June 24, 2011

2 Down, 5 Ahead

 I have now woke up with my alarm at 5:30 a.m. two days in a row.I finished a Jillian DVD and then took Quixote for a short walk that turned into a 45-minute walk. It was longer than I planned but Fridays are his long days at home, so it was worth it. He needs to get out and unleash his pee sprinkler everywhere and see how high he can lift his leg to do so. That's his morning exercise routine.

In keeping with my spirit of goal setting and recording progress, I wrote in my little journal last night. I talked about how proud of myself I was for getting up early and sticking to my plan. I said I felt great throughout the day having that energy carry me. Well I did fall asleep on my couch for about 20 minutes when I got home, but at least it wasn't at my desk at work! I even took the little squirt machine for another walk after dinner. Don't ever tell me he's not living the dream life! I wrote in my journal that I was going to stick to my plan and get up early once again. When my alarm went off this morning, as the sky was changing from the color of a bruise to the color or a robin's egg and the birds were chirping, my first instinct was to hit snooze. After I did, I laid awake, thinking about my journal and this blog and the need to follow through. That's all it took: a few gentle reminders about  life and healthy body that I want to have. My feet hit the floor before I even heard snooze start squawking once again.

Today I sweated huffed puffed flailed around did Jillian's Burn Fat Boost Metabolism DVD. I was a little sore this morning and thought that dynamic stretching through cardio was the best choice. The cardio in this video is not for wimps! I was flinging beads of sweat off my hair and around the room before the clock even said 6:00! The DVD included a warm-up and a 40-minute circuit of high intensity moves: mountain climbers, up-down planks, burpees, side kicks, butt kicks, back kicks, roundhouse kicks, kick kick kickin' my buns into high gear. Mama! I was feeling it in every muscle from my lower back to my big toe. So many of the moves are actually full-body moves, so even my obliques and washboard abs were feeling the burn.

Sure at times I half-assed a few moves. The climbing, standing mountain climbers were the worst. If someone peeped in my window and saw me they would've snickered at my lack of gusto. But then I would've nailed them right in the snot locker with one of my many side or back or butt kicks! Hiiii-yah!

I feel like a champ having kicked myself all the way through another workout. I will exercise again on Saturday even though it will be a busy day. I might walk up to the gym and then throw myself on a few machines and hope for the best. Then I'll be beating my chest Tarzan-style and saying HOOT HOOT THREE DAYS! SUCK ON THAT!

No comments: