Yes, I have been exercising

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Talk dirty to me Bob

Kickin ass and taking names! I was up and sweating at 5:30 a.m. today. Jason was snoozing and Quixote was grunting in his sleep. Occasionally I wonder what the hell I'm doing. An extra hour of sleep every day is a luxury most people wouldn't pass on. Oh well, I'm not most people, I'm kicking ass at the butt crack of dawn. If you don't believe me, check out Bob Harper's ferocious kicking on the cover of the DVD. Now, picture my face on that threatening pose!
This marks four mornings now that I have stuck to my plan. It's easier to get up when I have something new to try. I never know if I'll love a DVD or dread it. The not-knowing really carries me to a good place. After I punched, squatted, lunged, and planked my way to a drippy, soggy mess, I leashed up the pooch and took him for a quick stroll down the dirt roads. Ahhh, that lucky little guy.

I am still taking Jillian's advice to heart. I'm writing in my journal at night about my accomplishments and about my goals. Really, most people wouldn't notice if I gained 10 lbs. Some people probably think I should. The truth is I can't afford to buy new pants. I want  my old jeans to fit me! When I'm pregnant one day and my clothes don't fit — that's a transformation I'll make peace with. However, I'm not making peace with laziness or clothes that deceive me. My sister gave me a pair of stylish jeans that her friend outgrew. They were a bit too big on me and I seriously think this went to my head. I was like, "Oh, gosh, I am skinny. Get in my face, frosting. Get in my face, potato chips."  I was misled because I wasn't wearing my jeans for these bouts of frenetic eating and sloth moments. I don't want to be that freaky woman who eats in a bikini to stay on track. That is just whack! However, there are different feelings when you're sporting clothes that are too small, too big, or just right for us.

I intend to keep kicking ass at the break of dawn. I want my jeans to fit, not someone else's. And let's face it: those were designer jeans.  I'll stick to my unstylish style and my buns of steel!

No comments: