Yes, I have been exercising

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Powered by pop music.

I'm almost embarrassed that it had been so long since I had worked out. Although, I won't excoriate myself because it occasionally happens. I have enough confidence that a week away won't turn into a year on the couch for me. Seeing that it had been so long since I had ran, I decided to really amp up my listening pleasure with some new songs. I am still so grateful that my brother gave me an i-Tunes gift card at Christmas. It still rocks. I recently downloaded Eric Hutchinson's "Rock and Roll," Beyonce's "Single Girls," Katy Perry's "Hot n Cold" and Lady Gaga's "Dance." Of course I still have the Zac Brown Band's "Chicken Fried" in my rotation as well. I know, it's corny, but I could listen to that on repeat all day long. It was great to have some new jams to excite me and keep the motivation flowing. I ran all three miles without any sort of hitch. Although, with my new braces I do feel odd jogging while trying to drink from my water bottle. I'm afraid I am going to knock my braces off. I spent a healthy amount of time afterward stretching. Then I went home and did an abs dvd. That was the big accomplishment for me. I always think about it while I'm at the gym but get distracted by the time I get home, or I'm in a rush to get on with my night, or I'm too tired. Well last night I stuck to my goal and was very pleased.

No comments: