Yes, I have been exercising

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The ice melted and I ran 8 miles

It truly was a wonderful feeling. Saturday's run was just one of those times when I felt optimistic, my legs were ready and my head was focused. I ran about 3.35 miles and then walked a tenth up a steep hill, then I ran to the 6 mile mark, walked maybe another small tenth and finished just as the rain started to come down. What great timing!

Spring was everywhere. Red-winged blackbirds fluttering. Cardinals darting through trees. Beavers swimming along the shoreline. Fluffy baby swans dotting the horizon. So much water. The lake was shaking off its last vestiges of winter's grasp and the clear water was swelling and burbling and fanning out in the entirety of the park. What a positive start to the day!

Then my productivity carried over to the home front. I came home and cleaned my bathroom, finished 3 loads of laundry, caught up on phone calls. It's like my mom has always said: you really do accomplish more when you get up early. So very true.

Then like all highs, there is a bottom. I stayed up too late Saturday night (for the first time this year) and spent more time than usual breaking into Sunday. So no 3 mile run that day. Well, nothing to squawk over. I pumped out a quick two miles on Monday. What a gorgeous day here in southeast Michigan.

Today I am aiming for 6 miles out at Kensington. A partner from my group is supposed to meet up with me. That would be nice. However, the thunderstorms loom like melancholy witches about to zap my fun. We shall see....

No comments: