Yes, I have been exercising

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Satisfaction!

I took advantage of the opportunity to work out before heading out of town for the new year celebrations and it was excellent! I ran for about three miles at a steady pace. The gym lost power temporarily, causing the treadmills to shut down, but I started mine back up and kep chugging along. I was going to run a bit farther but I figured since I'd be finishing up with weights that I would actually like to be able to walk afterwards. I completed a round of exercises in the gym's 30 minute zone. I maxed out on a few different upper body sets. Then I grabbed the free weights and just got in the zone: plie squats with weights (3 sets), backward stepping lunges with weights (2 sets), curls back rows, chest press, and on and on. I am very proud of the effort level I gave. Hopefully I can stay on track and make some time for exercise while going out of town, even for just a refreshing walk outdoors!

No comments: