Yes, I have been exercising

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

New shorts. YeOWWWWWWW!

Finally got another pair of running shorts last night. For $18, the price was right. I wore them this morning and I liked them. Only one neanderthal honked at me and he's lucky that in my annoyance, I didn't hurl someone's garden rock right through his windshield. So it goes. Not the biggest problem in my life. I tell you that humidity is thick. Thick like a pack of swiss cheese and running through that is like trying to part the slices. Even my nose sweats. Really, I didn't know such a thing was possible. I think I am just going to do my runs in the gym for awhile now. With the heat index, it's asking a lot of this budding runner.

So, Jason thinks most of my posts are bitching and moaning. Never occurred to me. Sure I get frustrated with my gear or a blister or the weather, but I always recognize my achievements and feel proud of them. Maybe to a non-runner the act of running most days of the week is crazy and therefore non-runners assume that runners must love every minute of it to continue on. Admittedly, I don't relish every single step and I don't think most runners do. I love how I feel when my run is finished. I love how I feel leaving work at 530 knowing that my run is out of the way. I love how I feel better about my body. While there are annoyances to deal with, the advantages and the highs definitely outweigh them.

In the words of the immortal John "the penguin" Bingham,
The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.
At least I am trying. Some days are more challenging, but I still manage to go back out there.

No comments: