Yes, I have been exercising

Monday, August 6, 2007

About ten miles this weekend

This weekend my long run goal was 8 miles. I was staying in the Canadian Lakes area with Jason at his cottage. I wanted him to drop me off about 8 miles from the house so that I could run back. It took some time driving around to finally figure out a route. It's just hard when you're not familiar with an area because you don't want to get lost. I finally had him drop me off at a distance about 7.3 miles away. With all the hills and the pressure to remember directions, that's about all I thought I could handle. It really was not my most exhilarating run. A band-aid on my toe kept bothering me. Then I had to stop and throw it off. Then I had a nail that kept jabbing into the side of my toe. Plus I hated the stupid shorts that I had on. Man, it was frustrating. It's just a bummer that I could really use some new stuff. My i-pod armband is worn out and part of it flaps annoyingly against me. I only have one decent pair of shorts. I need some new socks. blah blah. on and on. Instead of feeling powerful, I ended up just feeling miserable.

Well, life goes on.

On Sunday I decided to run a quick loop around the neighborhood. I think it was about 2.3 miles altogether. This means it's only Monday and I'm practically 10 miles into the week so far.

That's about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing about running distances - Everything needs to be "right." Even the littlest problem gets amplified the longer you go. Small rubbing spot on your side bothering you a bit? When you go longer it will be a burn. Longer its a big rash like thing. Longer; well soon you can actually see bone! :) I've become very familiar with my vaseline!